Sensing (S) + Judging (J)
Learn your temperament, personality type and more in your personal 20-page report. No registration required.Start Free Test
Protectors (SJs) are observant, stable and motivated by a need to maintain security. They are realistic, routinized administrators requiring tasks be completed correctly and that people behave appropriately. SJs make thorough examinations to ensure everything is done according to plan. They make sure no more and no less credit is given than due. When a need arises, they are quick to provide a solution, provided that the need is justified. SJs are not driven by impulse, but rather by concrete fact.
By virtue of their reliable, diligent, industrious, persevering nature, they make excellent leaders. Protectors are dependable, altruistic and honest. They are driven by a strict work ethic and place a high premium on helping others and serving the community. Protectors are gifted leaders because of their natural ability to organize, plan and strategize. They thrive in situations where they know what is expected of them since they appreciate rules and structure.
They are protective of the people they love, dutiful and very loyal. They value tradition and morality. Protectors often excel in school and perform with high standards. They do not appreciate when others break rules or challenge their authority. They dislike change and unpredictable situations.
“I thought I heard someone laughing just now. If anyone present wishes to make me the subject of his wit, I am very much at his service — with my sword — whenever he has leisure.” — Reepicheep
SJ Personality Types
The four SJ “Protector” personality types are listed below.
Overseers are responsible and hard working. Tradition and loyalty are deeply valued by them. As quintessential leaders, they provide structure and high standards to followers. When making decisions, they rely on logic and facts. ESTJs are efficient and thrive on routine and stability.
Supporters are friendly and nurturing. They seek to preserve tradition and observe rules. They are deeply caring and want to be liked. Their caretaking nature is one of their hallmarks. They are supportive and generous. ESFJs have a desire to please and help others.
Examiners have a keen sense of right and wrong. They are responsible, dependable and loyal. As gifted administrators, they value thoroughness, integrity and honesty. They are practical and believe that work comes before play. ISTJs always have a plan and are prepared.
ISFJ Defenders are kind, loyal and considerate. They desire to serve and protect others sacrificially. They serve behind the scenes without seeking recognition. ISFJs like routine and have excellent follow-through skills. They possess rich inner lives, are private and quietly friendly.
- Warren BuffetInvestor, Businessman
- Harry TrumanAmerican President
- Queen Elizabeth IIQueen of England
- Lyndon B. JohnsonAmerican President
- John D. RockefellerIndustrialist
- Sam WaltonFounder of Walmart
- Rev. Billy GrahamEvangelist, Writer
- Alfred TennysonPoet
- George W. BushAmerican President
- William McKinleyAmerican President
- Don KnottsComedian
- Sally FieldActress
- Jack BennyComedian, Actor
- Terry BradshawFootball Player
- Mary Tyler Mooreactress, comedian
- George WashingtonAmerican President
- Herbert HooverAmerican President
- Evander HolyfieldBoxer
- Barbara BushAmerican First Lady
- Robert E. LeeU.S. Army Officer
- Jimmy StewartActor
- Cliff ClavinCheers
- Rachel LyndeAnne of Green Gables
- Joe FridayDragnet
- Princess LeiaStar Wars
- Dr. WatsonSherlock Holmes
- Lucy van PeltPeanuts Comic
- Donald DuckDisney Character
Protector Career Matches
SJs are commonly skilled at and often find satisfaction with the following careers.
- SJs (Protectors) make up about 41% of the general population.
- There are slightly more female SJs than there are male (37.5% of males, 43.5% of females).
- More SJs have been American Presidents than any other temperament.