ENTP, or better known as The Debater, is an Intuitive, Thinking, and Perceiving Extrovert. They are profoundly famous for their endless curiosity, quick wit, and their brilliant capability to simply understand everything. Given their extensive knowledge base, they’re more than happy to discuss and debate a variety of topics, from unpopular cat breeds to space engineering. This not only makes them great conversationalists, but also outstanding entertainers.
ENTPs are one of the rarest personality types, which adds even more charisma to the already charming Debater. Their passion for life and the constant need for adventure makes them a desirable company in any social setting, and their incredible ability to turn literally everything into a joke often puts them under the spotlight at every party.
The downside of this personality trait is that ENTPs tend to turn everything into a joke, even if the circumstances are inappropriate for such an approach. Focusing on the bigger picture while ignoring the finer details, the Debater uses humor as a defense mechanism, a way to escape uncomfortable situations. Their extroverted nature perfectly corresponds to their constant need for adventure and new experiences, which is also the reason why they absolutely love to push boundaries and challenge social norms – even if it gets them into trouble.
Without a doubt, the closest match to the ENTP’s sense of humor is the ENFP personality type. Both are bubbly, outgoing, friendly, and usually, carefree. Other laughing partners for the charming ENTP would be people who share the INFJ, INTJ, and INFP personality types, the ENTP’s Extroverted Intuition would fit perfectly with the others’ Introverted Intuition – just like pieces of a puzzle.
According to the ENTPs, there are no bad jokes – only wrong audiences. This correlates with the huge number of comedians who share this personality type. We’ve put together this article to help you better understand the charismatic, sarcastic, and goofy wit that is the ENTP.
Just like any other aspect of their personality, each personality type shares a different sense of humor too. If we were to describe the ENTP humor in three words, it would be: dark, sarcastic, and observational. ENTPs are masters of making inappropriate jokes and laughing at things you’re not really supposed to laugh at. Sarcastic self-deprecating dark humor, with an abundance of absurd puns and politically incorrect memes, not to mention the so-called ‘dad jokes’ that we all secretly love – is what the ENTP personality thrives on.
ENTPs simply love pushing boundaries and going above and beyond for the sake of a good laugh. This could, however, sometimes lead to them forgetting about the feelings of others in comparison to their own limits, especially when it comes to dark humor and sensitive subjects. Despite the harsh burns and embarrassing digs, the ENTP personality is friendly, considerate, and doesn’t actually mean any harm to anyone.
If you come across an ENTP personality type, don’t be surprised if they (unintentionally so), try to mask their real feelings and emotions with silly jokes. They are deeply sensitive and caring, but they tend to hide their vulnerability through humor, using it as a defense mechanism. This might make them seem immature, but the truth of the matter is, they’re simply having a hard time processing their inner sentiments.
ENTPs crack jokes that are usually dry, sarcastic, dark, and observational. Think Zach Galifianakis, Sarah Silverman, Sacha Baron Cohen, Neil Patrick Harris – all famous ENTP actors and comedians with incredibly distinctive styles and dedicated audiences.
The ENTPs often use self-deprecating sardonic humor. They are not afraid to make fun of themselves (or anyone, for that matter), even if that means masking a serious situation with a witty dad joke. Here are a few examples of some classic ENTP jokes:
- What does dark humor and food have in common? Not everybody gets it.
- I’m sick of these Holocaust jokes. Anne Frankly, they need to stop.
- What do you call a morgue autopsy? Crackin’ open a cold one with the boys.
- I had a joke about pizza… but it was too cheesy.
ENTPs stay true to their self-deprecating humor, they often make jokes just to laugh at themselves. To no one’s surprise, the ENTP personality has a magic hat full of puns and absurd observational scenarios, which often includes every Millennial’s weak spot – memes. Due to their dark-humored nature and quick dry wit, the ENTP memes are quite popular all over the Internet and feature in every self-respecting social networking website.
We have listed below the best hubs for ENTP memes (and included our favorite meme from each):
Reddit is the crème de la crème of all social networks, especially in relation to particular interests, personalities, and communication needs. Reddit has something for everyone, including a vast variety of ENTP memes. With 4.6k members as of December 2020, you can count on r/ENTPmemes for a daily dose of fresh content. The ENTP’s brain doesn’t stop working or creating, so why should the memes?
Despite Pinterest’s positioning as an inspirational website with dominating home decor, DIY, and fashion styling content, there’s actually a whole other world within it that’s dedicated to jokes and memes. And, naturally, that includes ENTP memes. Just type ‘ENTP meme’ in the search bar and enjoy the ride.
For the past decade, Tumblr has been the go-to place for people with alternative thinking, music taste, and even a sense of humor. Apart from its microblogging services, the platform also offers a variety of interactions, such as following, liking, commenting, messaging, reblogging, etc. And, as you can guess, funny and relatable memes are one of the most engaging types of content there. Simply search for the #ENTP tagged posts and you’ll find tons of ENTP humor.
Always striving to expand their knowledge and satisfy their curiosity, the ENTP personality type is all about the quotes– preferably quotes related to adventure, science, or simply dry humor. Here are some of the quotes that ENTPs can relate to, as well as quotes by famous representatives of this personality type.
Quotes ENTPs Can Relate To
Being the great adventurers they are, ENTPs love to get inspired, motivated, and even challenged. They’re always on the lookout for the next exciting thing in their life, and they seek ideas in everything they get in contact with. Here are some quotes that truly correspond to the ENTP personality.
- “Where I cannot satisfy my reason, I love to humor my fancy.” – Sir Thomas Browne
- “Each man must look to himself to teach him the meaning of life. It is not something discovered; it is something moulded.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “The questions are always more important than the answers.” – Randy Pausch
- “Intelligence appears to be the thing that enables a man to get along without education. Education appears to be the thing that enables a man to get along without the use of his intelligence.” – A.E. Wiggan
- “The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.” – Dorothy Parker
- “In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.” – Friedrich Nietzche
- “Everything you can imagine is real.” – Picasso
- “Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes.” – Walt Whitman
Quotes by Famous ENTP Personalities
Curious about whether your favorite celebrity or fictional character shares the ENTP personality? Lucky for you, we’ve written a whole article on the same. To get a glimpse into the minds of famous ENTP people, we’ve picked the following quotes for you.
- “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life’s realities. Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Dr. Seuss
- “All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- “It is tact that is golden, not silence.” – Samuel Butler
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
- “To single out a particular group and say we can’t make a joke about them is almost a form of prejudice and it’s kind of patronizing.” – Sacha Baron Cohen