ENTP, Originator, Intellectual, Extraverted, Naturalist, Logical
- Your Results Snapshot
- Your Personality Type
- ENTP - The "Originator"
- Your Cognitive Functions
- Famous People of Your Type
- Career Matches for Your Type
- Your Temperament
- NT - The "Intellectual"
- Famous Intellectuals
- Intellectual Career Matches
- Your Preferences
- Extraversion vs. Introversion in You
- Sensing vs. Intuition in You
- Thinking vs. Feeling in You
- Judging vs. Perceiving in You
- Your Multiple Intelligences
- Your Naturalist Intelligence
- Your Logical Intelligence
- Your Spatial Intelligence
- Your Kinesthetic Intelligence
- Your Linguistic Intelligence
- Your Intrapersonal Intelligence
- Your Interpersonal Intelligence
- Your Musical Intelligence
- Your Career Matches
- Sharing and Saving Your Report
- Further Learning
Your Results Snapshot
You have a unique set of traits that make you who you are. The study of personality identifies and organizes your characteristics and behaviors in such a way as to help you better understand yourself. Your Personality Max report is intended to equip you to lead a more effective and fulfilling life.
Your Personality Type is ENTP (Originator)
Extraverted (E) + Intuitive (N) + Thinking (T) + Perceiving (P)
Your Temperament is NT (Intellectual)
Intuitive (N) + Thinking (T)
Your Top Intelligences are Naturalist and Logical
"Personality is to a man what perfume is to a flower." — Charles M. Schwab
Your Personality Type
Your personality type is ENTP. This is based on your four Preferences: Extraversion (E), Intuition (N), Thinking (T) and Perceiving (P).
Many of today's theories of psychological typology are based on the work of Swiss psychiatrist Carl Gustav Jung, who wrote Psychological Types in 1921. He was the founder of analytical psychology, which studies the motivations underlying human behavior.
Your personality type is a detailed classification of the innate characteristics that make you who you are. Each of the four temperaments can be divided into four types, making a total of 16 distinct personality types. As with Temperament, your type is determined by the strength of your preferences.
No personality type is better than another. Each person has a unique set of equally valuable characteristics. Understanding your type can be useful in many ways, including relationships and school or career.
ENTP - The "Originator"
ENTPs are innovative, flexible and see endless possibilities. They are very enthusiastic about the ideas they generate. They are inventive, intellectually quick and skilled at what they do. They thrive at finding crafty solutions to technical problems. They are gifted at coming up with new and efficient approaches.
"The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything." — Theodore Roosevelt
ENTPs direct their energy outward. They are assertive, talkative and gregarious. They are expressive and enthusiastic. ENTPs are energized by interaction. Originators are Intuitive. They are deeply imaginative and inventive. Their thought process is abstract and theoretical. Originators are complex and future-focused.
Originators are Thinkers that are objective and logical. They are impersonal, rational and thick-skinned. They make decisions with their head and are driven by logic. ENTPs are flexible and often carefree. They like to keep their options open. They are spontaneous and comfortable with change.
ENTPs define relationships in terms of creativity and problem solving. They enjoy the give and take of relationships and love to debate. Originators are helpful and supportive partners. Although they might have intense feelings inside they are often unable to communicate them. They love to share interests and ideas with those closest to them.
ENTPs appreciate the synergy created when people work together and share ideas and talents. They value fairness and consistency. They are great coaches who are driven to help others make their projects bigger, better and more impactful. They appreciate openness and value honesty in their colleagues. ENTPs are quintessential entrepreneurs.
Originators learn by getting involved. They often dislike lectures, routine and details. They go from one interest to another and need the freedom to explore all of them. They are interested in arguments, challenges and projects that can be used and marketed. They learn by arguing and challenging.
ENTPs see life as a puzzle or a chess board where they need to make all the pieces fit together. They are deeply curious, inventive and enthusiastic. Their greatest contribution is their ability to pursue and succeed at any risk-taking venture.
Characteristic of an ENTP
- Driven to self-improvement
- Excellent communicator
- Great at generating ideas
- Charming, popular and enthusiastic
- Laid back and flexible
- Poor follow-up skills
- Gets bored in relationships
- Risk taker with money
- ENTPs make up 4.5% of all 16 personality types. ENTPs are one of the least common personality types. Of the NT types, ENTPs are the most common.
- 1 in every 16 males is an ENTP (6% of all males). 1 in every 33 females is an ENTP (3% of all females). Female ENTPs are one of the most rare type-gender combinations.
- There are significantly more male ENTPs than there are female ENTPs, with males outnumbering females by 2 to 1. One reason there are more male ENTPs is that males tend to be Thinkers (T) while females are more often Feelers (F).
Your Cognitive Functions
You engage the world through four cognitive functions. Each function is directed outward toward people and surroundings (Extraverted) or inward toward your thoughts (Introverted). Your primary function is Extraverted Intuition and secondary is Introverted Thinking.
Extraverted Intuition (Primary Function)
You use this function most often. With Intuition (N), you process new information through impressions, possibilities and meanings. Extraverted Intuition is what allows you to see different paths or ways. When you receive information, you are able to see that there is more than one way to look at things.
Introverted Thinking (Secondary Function)
Your use of this function is somewhat high. While Thinking (T), you make decisions based on logic and reason. The Introverted Thinking function enables you to categorize and analyze information that you receive. It is the ability to identify inconsistencies and know how things work as well the ability to solve problems.
Extraverted Feeling (Tertiary Function)
You use this function but to a lesser degree. When Feeling (F), you make decisions based on feelings. The Extraverted Feeling function allows you to tune your behavior to the needs of others. Is it the ability to relate and the desire to connect with others with warmth and consideration as well as draw others out and responds to expressed or unexpressed needs.
Introverted Sensing (Least Function)
You use this function least of the four. Through Sensing (S), you process data with your five senses. The Introverted Sensing function allows you to remember data in detail and to compare it with current information. It is the ability to link present experiences to past experiences in search for a connection.
Famous People of Your Type
Here is a sampling of famous people and fictional characters that are likely to be ENTPs like you.
- Alexander the GreatKing, Military Commander
- Sir Walter RaleighWriter, Poet, Explorer
- Walt DisneyFilmmaker, Entrepreneur
- Richard FeynmanPhysicist
- Nikola TeslaInventor, Physicist, Engineer
- John AdamsAmerican President
- James A. GarfieldAmerican President
- Rutherford B. HayesAmerican President
- Theodore RooseveltAmerican President
- Thomas EdisonInventor
- Julia ChildChef, Author, TV Personality
- George CarlinComedian, Actor, Author
- John CandyComedian, Actor
- Weird Al YankovicMusician (Satire/Parody)
- Marilyn Vos SavantAuthor, Lecturer, Playwright
- Alfred HitchcockFilmmaker (The Birds)
- Tom HanksActor
- David SpadeActor, Comedian
- Celine DionSinger
- Matthew PerryActor (Friends)
- Rodney DangerfieldComedian, Actor
- Lewis CarrollAuthor (Alice in Wonderland)
- MercutioRomeo and Juliet
- Emmett "Doc" BrownBack to the Future
- QJames Bond
- Cosmo KramerSeinfeld
- Bugs BunnyLooney Tunes
- Shirley FeeneyLaverne & Shirley
- Polly PrinceAlong Came Polly
- Gilbert BlytheAnne of Green Gables
- EdCowboy Bebop
- Wile E. CoyoteRoad Runner (Looney Tunes)
- Tom SawyerThe Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- QStar Trek: The Next Generation
Career Matches for Your Type
ENTPs may find satisfaction with the following careers which tend to match well with their Originator personality. This list is not exhaustive and these are not guaranteed to be perfect matches for you but this may be a helpful starting point if you are planning to pursue a new career.
- Computer Analyst
- Computer Programmer
- Systems Analyst
- Sales Agent
Your temperament is NT since you lean toward the Intuition (N) and Thinking (T) preferences. We identify your temperament by the strength of your Preferences. Many psychologists, philosophers and other thinkers have for centuries proposed that there are four temperaments that can describe a person.
Temperament is a more broad classification than Personality Type. Each of the four temperaments is like an umbrella over four related personality types (for a total of 16 personality types).
NT - The "Intellectual"
Intellectuals (NTs) are intelligent, independent and determined.
They are high-achievers, driven not only to acquire but also to master large amounts of information. They are self-sufficient, logical and value reason. While Intellectuals have a desire to know everything, they also tend to question anything. Their keen interest in investigation and questioning make them great researchers and inventors.
They are good at seeing the "big picture." They work well alone and are able to concentrate and study for long periods of time. Intellectuals enjoy abstract and theoretical discussions. They respect brilliance and self-reliance in others. Intellectuals dislike illogical instructions and emotional conversations.
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts." — C.S. Lewis
- Thomas EdisonInventor
- Margaret ThatcherBritish Prime Minister
- Franklin RooseveltAmerican President
- Harrison FordActor
- Thomas JeffersonAmerican President
- Julia ChildChef, Author
- Walter RaleighWriter, Poet, Explorer
- Nikola TeslaInventor, Physicist
- Bill GatesMicrosoft Founder
- Sir Isaac NewtonAstronomer
- Jane AustenAuthor
- C. S. LewisApologist, Author
- SchwarzeneggerActor, Calif. Governor
- Walt DisneyEntrepreneur
- Lance ArmstrongCyclist
- Meryl StreepActress
- Carl JungPsychiatrist
- Albert EinsteinPhysicist
- Abraham LincolnAmerican President
- SocratesGreek Philosopher
- Susan B. AnthonyCivil Rights Leader
- GandalfLord of the Rings
- 'Doc' BrownBack to the Future
- Cosmo KramerSeinfeld
- Bugs BunnyLooney Tunes
- Mr. DarcyPride and Prejudice
- Michael CorleoneThe Godfather
- DataStar Trek
Intellectual Career Matches
NT's are commonly skilled at and often find satisfaction with the following careers.
- Systems Analyst
- NTs make up only about 12% of the general population.
- Female NTs are the most rare of all temperament-gender combinations, at just 3% of all people.
- Many notable thinkers, inventors and scientists have been NTs.
There are four pairs of opposite preferences. Everyone has a greater tendency toward one preference than the other in each pair. For example, in the Thinking (T) vs. Feeling (F) dichotomy, you personally have a stronger tendency toward Thinking (T). Each preference has a single letter (such as "F") that identifies it.
Extraversion vs. Introversion in You
Extraversion (E) and Introversion (I) are opposite preferences. Your natural tendency toward one is stronger than the other. Extraversion and Introversion describe how a person directs their energy either outwardly toward people and activities or inwardly toward thoughts and ideas. Of the two, your dominant preference is Extraversion. Although everybody exhibits characteristics of each preference to some degree, you can be referred to as an Extravert.
- You are 46% more Extraverted than the average
- You are part of the majority of people who are primarily Extraverted
- Females on average are slightly more Extraverted than males
Your Extraversion (E)
Extraversion is characterized by a preference to focus on the world outside the self. Extraverts are energized by social gatherings, parties and group activities. Extraverts are usually enthusiastic, gregarious and animated. Their communication style is verbal and assertive. Extraverts often need to talk. They enjoy the limelight.
- Energized by interaction
- Volunteers personal info
- Many friends
- Easy to approach
- Enjoys groups
Your Introversion (I)
Introversion is characterized by a preference to focus on the inside world. Introverts are energized by spending time alone or with a small group. They find large group gatherings draining because they seek depth instead of breadth of relationships. Introverts process information internally. They are often great listeners.
- Energized by time alone
- Keeps to self
- Internally aware
- Fewer friends
- Prefers smaller groups
- Thinks before speaking
- Enjoys solitude
Sensing vs. Intuition in You
You use Sensing (S) and Intuition (N) to receive and process new information either by using your five senses or in more abstract ways. Both preferences in this pair are used by everybody to some degree. With that said, you can be classified as Intuitive since your dominant preference is Intuition.
- You are 79% more Intuitive than the average
- You are part of the minority of people who are primarily Intuitive
- Males on average are slightly more Intuitive than females
Your Sensing (S)
Sensors focus on the present. They are "here and now" people. They are factual and process information through the five senses. They see things as they are because they are concrete and literal thinkers. They trust what is certain. Sensors value realism and common sense. They like ideas with practical applications.
- Lives in the present
- Aware of surroundings
- Notices details
- Goes by senses
- Trusts certainty
- Values common sense
Your Intuition (N)
Intuitive people live in the future. They are immersed in the world of possibilities. They process information through patterns and impressions. Intuitive people value inspiration and imagination. They gather knowledge by reading between the lines. Their abstract nature attracts them toward deep ideas, concepts and metaphors. They can see the "big picture" and are analytical.
- Sees possibilities
Thinking vs. Feeling in You
The Thinking (T) and Feeling (F) preference pair refers to how you make decisions, either by objective logic or subjective feeling. Your dominant preference is Thinking so you can be classified as a Thinker. Each of the two preferences are employed by everybody at different times and to different degrees.
- You are 62% more Thinking than the average
- Thinkers like you make up about half of the population
- The majority of males are Thinkers while the majority of females are Feelers
Your Thinking (T)
Thinking people are objective. They make decisions based on facts. They are ruled by their head instead of their heart (but are not without emotion). Thinking people judge situations and others based on logic. They value truth over tact and can easily identify flaws. They are critical thinkers and oriented toward problem solving.
- Decides with head
- Seeks truth
- Critical thinking
- Firm with people
- Driven by thought
Your Feeling (F)
Feeling people are subjective. They make decisions based on principles and values. They are ruled by their heart instead of their head. Feeling people judge situations and others based on feelings and extenuating circumstances. They seek to please others and want to be appreciated. They value harmony and empathy.
- Decides with heart
- Dislikes conflict
- Driven by emotion
- Easily hurt
Judging vs. Perceiving in You
Judging (J) and Perceiving (P) are how you interact with the world outside yourself, either in a structured or flexible manner. All people use both of these preferences to different degrees but one is more dominant. Since your dominant preference is Perceiving, you can be referred to as a Perceiver.
- You are 98% more Perceiving than the average
- You are part of the slight minority of people who are primarily Perceiving
- Males on average are slightly more Perceiving than females
Your Judging (J)